PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PRESSING SUBMIT ON THE FORM. BY PRESSING SUBMIT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS
I understand that submitting this application does not automatically register me as a Folkestone International Film & TV Festival volunteer. By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on this application is true and accurate.
If I am accepted as a volunteer, I agree to the following:
- To satisfactorily complete all of my scheduled shifts in their entirety and to arrive on time to my scheduled shifts.
- To NOT be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during my shifts.
- To NOT bring any pets with me to my shifts or volunteer meetings.
- To carry my manager’s phone number and my schedule with me at all times.
I understand if I fail to meet any of the above requirements, it may result in the forfeiture of my tickets.
I understand that parking and lodging are not provided to volunteers.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!
I agree to work as a volunteer for the Folkestone International Film & TV Festival (the “Festival”) for a minimum of four (4) hours during the 2020-2021 year. I understand that I will not be compensated for my volunteer work and that volunteers are not considered to be employees or independent contractors of the Festival. I also understand that either the Festival or I may terminate this agreement at any time by notifying the other party.
1. Representations and Warranties. I hereby represent and warrant that I have the requisite skill, knowledge, and ability to perform the duties required of me in performing the volunteer roles described on the volunteer information page. I understand that I may request to be placed in a specific volunteer role, but my assignment will ultimately be determined by my experience, my availability, and the needs of the Festival.
2. Release of Liability, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk. I understand that as a volunteer, some of my activities may be hazardous and/or have an inherent risk of injury. I acknowledge that it is my personal responsibility to familiarise myself with any potential participation risks and I agree to perform only such activities as I am comfortable doing and to follow all instructions and safety precautions while doing so. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release the Festival from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage that results during the performance of my volunteer duties. I waive all known and unknown claims I might have against the Festival now or in the future related to injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting during the performance of my volunteer duties.
3. Photo Release. I grant permission to the Festival and its sponsors to use (and to allow third parties to use) my image, likeness, and voice in any video, photograph, audio recording, or other form of reproduction of this event via any media for any purpose, including advertising.
4. Other. I agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the land.